Monday, July 30, 2012

Hellooo Again...After 2 Years...

I have abandoned this blog for quite some time now.. I know that I have not make time to write or post something,but now I decided that I have too much of unfinished tasks which need my attention. One of them is this blog. So, I'm gonna make sure this happen.

A lot of things has been going on during this 2 years. I came back from S'pore for good         ( but now aching to leave this beautiful island to seek better $$$ : p ) I'm happily in love with a man whom soon and I hope will be THE guy that I would spend my whole life with. I got a job now similar to what I am doing before which is customer service but in marina line. At least, my current customer does not shout or throw stuffs when they don't get what they want. What a relief and I don't missed that part of hotel line.

What I really missed while in S'pore was cooking. When I got back, I start polishing my culinary skills and boy! I really need lots of practise. But anyway, I got my groove back and on track again. My bf become my guinea pig, not that he mind! Anyway it is always good able to cook cos the food outside is not as healthy and clean as what how you made it. And save cost too! So I decided I'm gonna create a cooking blog and post every dishes that I cook daily which is super simple to make.


I present to you my first dish:


Wolf berries Leaves Soup

( serves 4 )

1 bunch of wolf berries leaves ( It's sold in most wet markets and it has long thorny stems )
5 piece of fresh abalone mushrooms sliced
1 tbs of wolf berries / no pre soak required
1 tbs of dried prawns ( washed )
1 tbs of dried anchovies
3 cloves of sliced garlic
1/2 cube of Maggi Ikan Bilis stock for taste





Method:

Put half pot of water to boil. When the water is boiling, put in the garlic, dried anchovies & dried prawns.
Boil it in small fire for about 10min till it smells.
Add the leaves and simmer the soup for about 10min before adding in the Ikan Billis stock to taste.
Do not simmer more than that as the leaves cooks quickly.
Lastly add the wolf berries and Do Not close the pot with the pot cover as it will change the leaves color to yellow.
Simmering the wolf berries in the soup is not required as it will turn soft once it is soak in the soup.
Serve with white rice.





Stir Fry Luncheon Meat with Potatoes

 ( serves 4 )

1 can of luncheon meat ( 198gm ) cut into cubes
2 medium size potatoes cut into cubes
1 small onion
1 tsp of chopped garlic
2 tbs of peanut oil



Sauce:

1 tsp of oyster sauce
3 tbs of light soy sauce
1/2 tsp of sugar to taste
half a cup of water

Method:

Heat up the oil in the wok. Once oil is heated up, put the potatoes into the wok and pan fry the potatoes for a minute before close it with a wok cover. This is to soften the potato texture. Do this in medium fire for about 5-7min. Once it is soft, add in the onion and mince garlic and stir fry till it is fragrant.




Then add the luncheon meat followed by the sauce mixture and let it simmer for about 5min before removing it from the stove. Do not let the luncheon meat simmer too long as the meat texture will become soggy.



Serve with white rice

2 comments:

evelyn tea said...

Wonderful! The second dish looks like what mom used to cook. Great job! Hope to see more coming! :D

Anne Chavez said...

Thanks sis for your support! : )